The Cutting Edge 2014 is a uniquely designed innovative program, featuring 94 highly instructive surgical videos. The videos will be edited to highlight the key steps of advanced techniques for face and body contouring. Attendees will be able to see the hands-on work of an international faculty of world-renowned experts.
The videos will demonstrate:
- Donor site harvesting, preparation, and injection techniques for facial rejuvenation and large volume fat grafting for body rejuvenation and contouring.
- Periorbital sculpting and rejuvenation with fillers, fat and surgical techniques.
- Perioral sculpting and rejuvenation with surgical techniques and neuromodulators.
- Shaping of the face, including fat grafting, incisions, and surgical techniques, as well as hyaluronic acids and neuromodulators.
- Neck correction procedures necessary for creating an aesthetically pleasing neck.
- Procedures for sculpting of the breast, including pre-operative breast evaluation and implant selection, augmentation techniques, correction of secondary breast deformities, and mastopexy.
- Contouring the breast using knife and needle, and fat grafting techniques without breast implants.
- Surgical sculpting of the abdomen including the most advanced sculptural techniques for liposuction and fat grafting.
- Advanced body contouring procedures for shaping arms, calves, and ankles contouring the back, flanks, love handles, and the anterior, posterior and lateral thighs.
- Buttock contouring, including preoperative planning, fat grafting, and implant techniques for males and females.
The symposium will open with a Keynote Video by an internationally recognized authority addressing the current and future use of autologous fat grafts and stem cell biology. Eleven panels will debate the shown methods of facial and body sculpting and rejuvenation, comparing the complexity of procedures, technical details, complications and patient safety issues. An open forum with the faculty will permit audience participation, questions, and discussion.
On completion of this course participants should:
- Understand autologous fat grafting and the science of stem cell biology as it relates to face and body rejuvenation.
- Understand the surgical techniques for supraorbital and periorbital rejuvenation.
- Understand the technical details for various facelift, neck lift and neck tightening procedures.
- Understand the technical details for breast augmentation, breast reduction and breast correction procedures.
- Understand the surgical techniques for total body rejuvenation and sculpting.
- Have an understanding of complications and patient safety as related to total body sculpting.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) and New York Plastic Surgery Foundation. ASAPS is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery designates this live activity for a maximum of 22.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.